The First of Many Polka Dot Outfits this Summer

 I recently have taken a break from blogging, as you may have noticed. Between my job getting hit by a car and finishing up the semester, I have not been feeling like a fashion blogger lately. I actually have noticed, with my year and a half of blogging, that I really struggle with blogging. Keeping up with it, generally. But also blogging is always about showing the world your best side. Before I blogged, I would dress up all time. I was an outfit repeater no biggie. But with blogging, you want your best outfits. You have to plan outfits around when you can take pictures. Blogging committed-ly is something that I will always admire others for. But it is not for me. I am first and foremost a historian. I am fashionable, that does not make me a fashion blogger. I love dressing up and will continue to share my outfits here. But I am going to stop trying to make a goal of blogging once a week and failing miserably. I am not a fashion blogging who will not have lipstick on her teeth in every single shot, despite never having it on her teeth in real life. My hang ties on dresses show. 


I am not what I show on my blog at all. Recently I have been struggling severely with my anxiety. I also have depression and some days I will not get out of bed. I do not show that here. I just post happy pictures in a pretty dress smiling like nothing is wrong. Blogging has also played into my insecurities. I struggled with an eating disorder for the past 5 years. Going over blog pictures and criticizing each one takes a toll. Blogging is much much harder than it looks. It has helped me deal with my insecurities, but at the same time forces me to confront them.

Because of this, I have decided to merge my personal instagram and my blogging instagram. I have always been very open on my personal instagram, so I think it will be a much better platform to show both sides of the story. Who I am, along with my cute outfits. My fashion instagram was too impersonal. I love dresses and fashion, but I struggle with the image of being perfect that fashion blogs display. My personal instagram will be able to show that.





But this is the outfit! I bought it at Forever21 for $8! They do not have it online anymore. But they have similar ones in other colors, such as this floral one, on their website. It is also insanely flattering, as hopefully you can see. I never wear cleavage bearing dresses because of insecurities. So this was a really big moment for me. I would have never done it without my best friend Toriana constantly hyping me up.

I paired this dress with this red belt. I bought in a small/medium which is a lie. It was like a hula hoop. So be ready to stab yourself multiple times trying to make another hole in the belt with a very dull steak knife. Until you give up and go find an actual adult with a toolbox to help. So maybe buy a size down.

I also wore it with these red flats which I adore! You will see them a ton this summer in my blog posts. They are so comfortable and stylish. My actual favorite shoes ever.

Until next time,

Hailey

No comments